Dead Island PC Update 1.3 Patch Notes Raises Level Cap To 60 And Fixes Respawns
The PC patch 1.3 is now available. Steam will update the game automatically.
Now, I’ve had my issues with Dead Island, but now that Techland and Deepsilver have slowly rolled out updates to the rocky launch of the PC version as well as the respawn issues several reviewers had, I think it’s getting better. Although I would like to have seen this update sooner, there are certain certification issues that get in developers and publishers way to make sure these updates don’t break the games further.
The current level cap is 50 on consoles and raising the cap to 60 on PC seems like an incentive to start leveling up for DLC, in which Deepsilver and Techland have delayed until Dead Island is stable enough.
This patch includes the following fixes:
1) Gameplay improvements:
- Level cap raised to 60
- New blueprints for weapon mods added
- Infected damage reduced
- Infected no longer interrupt player attacks
- A series of improvements to subsequent playthroughs implemented:
- o quest XP rewards adjusted
- o XP rewards for challenges adjusted
- o in subsequent playthroughs XP is awarded for all quests completed in co-op
- Purna’s ammo carrying capacity increased by 50%
- Character state from a save game can now be loaded when using the Start from Chapter option
- New balancing option added: enemy levels can now be adjusted independently for each co-op player
- Players respawn with more health
- Lock pick skill level required to open a lock is now clearly indicated
- Improved rewards in weapon crates
- All weapon crates now contain rewards
2) Fixes and interface improvements
- Fix: players are no longer left without a weapon after dropping the equipped item and healing with a medkit.
- Fix: equipped items no longer swap mysteriously after drinking an energy drink
- Tweak: healing with medkits from inventory works better, makes smarter choices of medkits
- Fix: loot from dead enemies is now always identical for all co-op players
- Fix: Purna no longer finishes her Fury with fists equipped
- Fix: map tracking after death
- Fix: zone info in the quarantine zone (City of Moresby)
- Tweak: respawn point selection is now smarter
- Improved stability and network performance in co-op
- V-sync option added
- Quest and reward fixes implemented